Sunday, December 28, 2008

2008 - God's Word Is True

I have been reflecting back on the things that took place in my life in the year 2008. This time last year I was unemployed and my husband was unable to work due to his back. He was facing possible surgery which meant he would be out of work for an extended period of time. His physician also told him that he needed to start thinking about the possibility of being on disability. I looked for work but was unable to find anything. My favorite scripture is Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you declares the lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. I tried to lean on that scripture but found myself getting ahead of God. I took a job that I thought was the perfect job for me. I even thought that it was an answer from God. I was wrong! It ended up just being me getting in a hurry and was actually a trap of Satan. So I had to quit for my own protection. My daughter called me, crying because she had just found out that she was pregnant with her third child and it was not in her plans. She had to quit her job because of it being a high risk pregnancy. We had co-signed for her to get a new car just a few months before. Now, if she was not able to make the payments, then we would have to. Sooooo.... lets recap : Me or hubby neither one working, him facing possible back surgery with the possibility of disability facing him, a daughter that is pregnant with a high risk pregnancy and had to quit work, the possibility of us having to have another car payment to pay. I am trying to help her out with the other two small grandchildren going to school as well as, go with her to the doctor every two weeks. Her doctor was in another city about 2 hours away. Lets see now... For I know the plans that I have for you.....not to harm you. Repeat out loud. Repeat out loud. Repeat out loud!!!! God, where in the world are you? I would have to remind myself that it was a lot of other people that had it a lot worse than me. Here it is December 2008 and I have a good paying job, hubby did not have to have surgery or go on disability and was able to return to work, and we now have a sweet, healthy, new grand-daughter. For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord ,plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. What an awesome, all knowing and loving Father we have. My main and most important new years resolution this year is to get to know HIM even better. A deeper and more intimate relationship than I have ever known. My sister-n-law had an experience with the Lord one time and shared it with me. She is the only person that I know (personally) that has experienced him in such a way that has caused me to hunger for that closeness like she had. To be at his feet, look up at him and hear him say " I did this for you", as the blood drops trickled down his body and dropped at his feet right in front of her. Looking at her with such love! What an awesome experience. How I hunger to experience what she experienced. That kind of relationship requires a complete dying of self and comes only through much fasting and prayer. So, part of my new years resolution, is to spend more time fasting, praying, reading his word and this time next year, if he tarries, my new years resolution will be to spend more time praying, fasting and more time in his word until he comes.

No comments: