Sunday, December 21, 2008

Homesick

I have spent a lot of time today looking at numerous blogs. It is interesting to read what the different bloggers are talking about this holiday. Some are talking about recipes,some about their decorations, some about plans for parties, guests, and family get togethers. Some are displaying pictures of their tree, some are offering an opportunity to win something special in a give away, some are offering tips on how to make Christmas ornaments or decorations. Most all of them are talking about some sort of celebration plans for Christmas. I started searching for something that would fill this void that I am feeling today. I thought that if I read some of the encouraging and uplifting blogs that some people write, that I would fell better. I called my mom and talked to her thinking that maybe that would make me feel better. I read my email hoping for something that would make me feel better. I am so blessed and have so much to be thankful for this season and everyday but still I have this overwhelming feeling of a big void. I have been struggling with why I feel this way today. I have listened to preaching, singing, watched Christmas specials on TV that end up with a happy ending because of a miracle. All of this is good and encouraging and should bring joy to anyone especially a christian. So WHY do I feel this void today. I think that I have finally figured it out after a lot of soul searching, praying and thinking. I am home sick. I am a christian and I have a real reason to be happy and celebrate this time set aside to celebrate the birth of Jesus but I am ready for him to come back. I am ready to see HIM. I am looking forward to spending eternity with my SAVIOR. I am ready for heaven.
I am thankful for the birth of Jesus and because of his birth , I am saved and one day I will be with him in eternity. Praise the Lord.

4 comments:

YaYa's Funhouse said...

Now Lucy, you have made me have a crying spell. I have not had very encouraging day...and this just tipped me over the edge...
Love ya.

Deare Diary said...

Sorry about that YaYa. I hesitated writing anything today. Did not mean to make your day worse. Tomorrow is a new day.
Love ya,
Judy

nancygrayce said...

I have been thinking that there is a general feeling of discouragement in the whole country right now due to the economic situation. I also think it is very normal to feel down sometimes, especially at our age. :)))) That was a joke!!!

We have been reading Mary's song of joy in Luke and it is humbling!

I hope each day is better!

Deare Diary said...

Thanks for the comment, and maybe our age does have something to do with it but we are not going to talk about that Ha. I am reading a book about the traps and bait that Satan lays for us and I do recognize that he is a liar and the father of all lies and heaven is our reward. Praise God in ALL things and through all things.
Love,
Judy