Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Discouraged

Well, I thought that by now I could tell by looking at the scales but....I have not lost weight like I think that I should have. It is really discouraging to think that you are doing good, only to find out that the needle has hardly moved on the scales at all!!! I will have to make some adjustments to my eating habits, I guess. Maybe I need to go to Plan B, huh?
As I was feeling pretty discouraged about the whole dieting thing today, I came across some notes that I had made at church on October 5, 2008. This was notes that I jotted down after a message and interpretation: I am coming as "King of Kings" My return is soon. Stay focused on me. Don't look to the left or the right. Be of good cheer. I have a safe place; a secret hiding place for you. Look up and stay focused on me.
This caused me to realize that if I am not careful I will be more focused on the outer man than the inner man. I really do need to get fit and be healthier, but it is more important for me to focus on HIM. I will continue to try to lose weight and eat healthier but I will not let this diet thing consume me. If I will practice more self discipline, the weight will be taken care of.
Lord help me to keep my eyes focused on you and your soon return. There is nothing more important. Help me to be about my Father's business. Lord, make me a useful vessel for the Master. Amen

5 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Good thoughts. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I agree with you. I to get discouraged about my weight loss but I know for health reasons I have to keep on keeping on.Don't give up.
Thinking of you.
Lisa

Deare Diary said...

Lisa,
Thanks. I need all the encouragment that I can get. With God's help I can do all things. Praise his name.

LisaShaw said...

Don't quit.

It's lifestyle changes day to day and it takes loads of prayer and conscious decisions each day but you can do it. If you view it more as a natural course of your life it may help. Just don't quit. You deserve to live the healthiest life spiritually, emotionally and physically -- in all ways.

Bless you friend and if you need encouragement, I'm here for you. I shared my story on my fitness blog (finally) today if you'd like to drop in. I think it may encourage you.

Sharon said...

Hi, Judy. First, thanks for the sweet and encouraging note you left on my blog. It really means a lot. Now about this dieting thing, it is very difficult! Seems like a good idea to change your focus and not stress the weight loss so much as getting healthy. We tend to lose weight slower as we grow older so it is really hard. Don't give up; keep praying and move forward. Eating healthier is good for you even if you don't lose as much weight as you'd like. You can do it! God bless - Sharon