Thursday, January 1, 2009

The New Year and New Relationship With My God

As I woke up this morning, first day of 2009, I found myself thinking about a new relationship with my heavenly Father. 2008 is gone, in the past. I receive strength from remembering the blessings from Him in 2008 but I am looking forward to finding a new and even closer place with him in 2009. As I am praying this morning, and searching for his perfect will for me in this a new year, I find myself drawn to a scripture that keeps coming to my mind and heart. Psalm 42- As the deer panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. .........Deep calleth unto deep... Living where I do, it is a very familiar sight to see a deer charging across the road in front of you. The hunters have their deer dogs in high pursuit for the frantic deer, causing the deer to run at high speed, jumping fences and ditches, and running right out in front of the on coming traffic. If they are fortunate enough to miss being killed by the vehicle and able to escape the hunters bullets, then they can find a cool stream to stop and have a drink. Thirsty, heart racing, panting for every breath, they are desperate for a cool drink from the stream of water. That is how I feel. Desperate for that closer relationship with my Lord. If I will thirst desperately for it, I will be filled. If I search for it as I would for hidden treasures, then I shall find new spiritual treasures. In the year 2009 I will pursue that deep special place with him and run for it as the deer does after the water brooks. My soul longeth after thee.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Happy New Year to you and your family.May God Richly Bless You.Have a great day.