March 1, 1974 Donald and I said "I do". I was 17 and he was 19, just babies. We have grown up together. It has been a good 35 years, not perfect or without some problems but a good marriage. I definitely would marry him all over again. He is working 12 hours today and I am spending our anniversary alone. When he gets home tonight, I will be at church. Things sure have changed in 35 years.....we are both a little bigger, grayer, wrinkled and stiff jointed, but we still have fun. I am thankful that God put us together. We have raised two good children and have 5 wonderful grandchildren. Last night he looked at me and said "Well, we probably will not make another 35 years". He is probably is right. No matter how much longer God allows us to live, I am glad that we will be living them together.
I thought that it was pretty neat that the preacher preached on Godly marriages this morning. It caused to me stop and think. I hope that I can be the kind of wife to him that God's word tells us to be. On this day March 1, 2009, I am thankful for my husband and God;s blessings on our marriage.
13 comments:
Congratulations - we are coming up on 11! You are a testimony to generations to come. Have a great day!Thanks for the encouragement about my job. Get a little scared as it gets closer.
Happy Anniversary. It's always wonderful to read about a good marriage. No marriage is perfect, but with Christ as the center, we get through our problems and grow stronger.
Blessing on your special day!
I would add squeak and grunt to that
Oh yeah--Happy Anniversary Fred and Ethel
Thanks to everyone. Oh yes, as for you Rick...you ought to know all about the squeaks and grunts, huh?
Judy(Ethel)
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! I was barely 19 when I married, however, ours didn't last. :( My second husband and I will soon celebrate 15 years.
Congratulations...You and I are very lucky and fortunate women to have such great men in our lives!! Mike and I got married very young too and as you know that was 45 years ago in January...You just have 10 more years to catch up with us..Smile!! A good marriage is certainly God's plan for us...and I would also re marry Mike all over again!! In fact, i would do it again in a second ceremony if I could talk him into it!! I always wanted to re do our marriage vows again..Maybe on our 50th!! Smile..Hope your day is wonderful..
Congratulations on 35 years of marriage! And you never know, 35 more is absolutely possible and I pray you make it!
Many blessings to you both!
Beth
I am new here! What a great blog :)
Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! I was a 17 year-old bride too. It's wonderful to pick the RIGHT GUY at a young age and grow together.
PRAISE THE LORD! Congratulations and may the blessing and favor of the LORD continue to rest upon you and your husband and may you live out many many more years together. Bless you.
Happy Anniversary!!! That is so sweet. Isn't it great being married to such great men! I wish you another great 35 years, or to what ever you shall make it. We never know what he has planned for us. The pic is a hoot! It's sad but true. Hee hee
Be Blessed!
Post a Comment