Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Motivation

Sometimes we just need something to help us get motivated. Making changes in our lives is not always easy. It is all about the choices that we make. I was thinking about the changes that I need to make in my life, both physically and spiritually. As I was driving to work this morning I realized that I had not even said "Good morning Lord". I made the decision to get up and do all the things that I would normally do before going to work. I did all of these things and did not have time to pray or read. I made the choice to do all of that and not spend the necessary time with the Lord. WRONG AND BAD DECISION!! That decision makes me sick spiritually just like making the wrong decision about the foods that I eat will make me sick physically. Thank God for the Holy Spirit that will quicken me and let me know "Judy you made the wrong decision". How I love the Holy Spirit and need him to help me daily. So far this morning I have had nothing but water to drink and I am taking time to read his word this morning. I am blessed with a job that allows me time to do this. I would just like to share something from the book that I am reading. We tend to use the excuse that we do not have the time to read and talk to the Lord like we would like to. I found this very helpful: Make a conscious effort through this day to allow people and circumstances to remind you that God is present. Train yourself to notice God in all that whizzes past you. See the orderliness of bricks in a wall, and thank God that his creation is not haphazard. Smell the rain on the pavement and be aware of the senses that he has given you. Feel the ground beneath your running feet, and be aware of our rock-solid God. And when it all seems to be going wrong, ask him" What are you trying to teach me here"? How will this be valuable to me in the future? Don't let God's work loom so small in your life as to assume that he will only speak to you when you are not busy. I thought about my mother-n-law as I was writing this. She has been at the hospital for over two weeks with her spouse. He is a real sick man and needs our prayers. I do not know what she is going through but HE does. She has the opportunity to become very depressed and discouraged or to take advantage of this time and allow God to use her to be a blessing to the staff that she sees everyday. We all have choices to make....be used by God or not. He is ever present and waiting for us to see him.

9 comments:

Sharon said...

Wonderful thoughts for living you have posted. I agree with it all 100% - though I must say from the picture you went in an entirely different direction that I thought you were headed. Both directions, the one you took and the one I thought you were going to take - are appropriate for me! Thanks - Sharon

Anonymous said...

Ohmygosh!! That is so super true! I always need to spend time with the Lord in the morning because it starts my day off right. My priorities need to be straight. Thanks for this post!!

Deare Diary said...

Sharon,
Sorry about that. Sometimes I start out in one direction and end up going in another haha. I hpoe that I got the point across that I get my motivation for the physcial and spiritual needs from HIM. The picture was to motivate me to stop drinking sodas or I will look like Ms Hippo!
Judy

Chris said...

Great post! I need to be reminded of this daily.

YaYa's Funhouse said...

I, like Sharon thought you were going another direction as well when I saw that picture....boy, that will motivate you to run from chocolate!!!

rick said...

I think that bathing suit looks better on you than all the rest you have. Does Fred have one to match?

Deare Diary said...

Well, I guess that I will have to be more careful when I am posting. It made sense to me but evidently not to everyone. Sorry.
Judy

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Awesome post Judy! I too need motivation. On the days I don't get in the word in the morning, the day just seems to be in disarray. Same thing with eating wrong. I know from past experiences that we need our daily requirements and breakfast is the main meal of the day. But darn, it's hard to follow. ;) But yes, the Holy Spirit is awesome and getting us to pay attention!
And would you know, my word for verification is falizinc which made me think of folic acid (vitamin B) and zinc. How ironic.

Rhonda said...

I could not agree more. Day by day- minute by minute we choose.