Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Son & Daughter

This post is about my son and daughter. They are both on my mind today and I am so blessed to have them both. After work yesterday, I went with my husband to the cemetery where his dad is buried. When we pulled up to the cemetery, a lady was there visiting her sons grave. After getting out and walking closer, I realized that I knew her. I had actually worked with her at the hospital a few years back. I had forgotten that her son had been killed in a car accident 2 years ago. Before I got out of the truck, I asked God to use me to be a blessing to that lady, not knowing who she was at the time. Her sons headstone stood about 5 feet tall. It was beautiful. I was standing there talking to her and looking at the headstone and feeling kinda strange and thankful at the same time. Thankful that it was not my son or daughter in the grave and sorry for her that it was her son. What made me feel so strange was her son had a lot of the same likes as my son. He was a Superman fan every since he was a small boy...so is my son. His headstone had the Superman emblem carved in it. His headstone had a guitar carved in it because he loved the guitar and could play very well... so does my son. We stood there the whole time that my husband was working and talked about our children. It was almost like she didn't want to leave. I told her that I started not to interrupt her visit but I remembered something that a friend of mine had told me once. She lost two of her sons in a car accident and she did not want people to avoid talking to her about them. They lived and was an important part of her life and she did not want people to forget about them She loves talking about them. This lady ( at the cemetery) told me that she felt the same way. I thought about her the rest of the night.
I woke up with my children on my mind this morning. I have never liked tattoos and did not agree with my children getting them. My son has a tattoo of Superman (the big "S") on his shoulder. He is 33 years old and still loves Superman. He is also a very good guitar player. He has a special wife and two sweet daughters. My daughter has always loved baby dolls and could not wait to have children. She had a difficult time understanding why she had to wait and grow up before she could have a baby HaHa. She used to play mommy with her baby dolls and her and her cousin would line them and play church with them. She is now 30 years old married to a man that loves her so much and has a son and two daughters.
I am so very thankful for the children that God has blessed me with. I am very proud of them and love them very much.
I can not leave out my Husband. He really is my best friend I love him.

4 comments:

Donna Bragg said...

That is a sweet post!

I am so thankful I have my children. Mine are adopted and I love them with so much love. I have had 11 miscarriages, and these kids are a blessing to me. I thank GOD for them daily.

We found out that it was my thyroid that put off antibodies and it was killing my babies. I had my thyroid removed a year ago, (praise GOD he led me to have them removed, because it had cancer in it and we did not know it) and we are going to try again to have a baby. If it happens or if it doesn't, I am content with my 2 beautiful children GOD gave me.

Also, my mansion in heaven is full of children waiting for me to get there. :)

Children are a precious gift and I do not want to take for granted what GOD has given to me.

Thank the LORD you were there to talk to your friend, she probably needed to hear your kind words.

GOD Bless you sister!

Your sister in CHRIST,
Donna

Deare Diary said...

Donna,
What a sweet and special testimony. I have 5 living grandchildren and 1 waiting for me in heaven. Your children have a special mother given to them by God. I pray that God's will be done for you and your family. I agree with you, children are such a blessing. God bless.
Judy

Chris said...

Beautiful post! You did good by talking to that lady. It would have been just as easy for you to have looked the other way. God bless you.

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Aww that is so sweet. What a blessing you are. Thank you for sharing this moment. Your family is lucky to have you as well.