Sunday, March 8, 2009

Unmerrited Favor

In all things, give him thanks. I was running around this morning, trying desperately NOT to be late for church . I had way too many things going at once. I was baking cornbread and Southern Pecan Pie muffins in the oven; cooking a pot of red beans and rice on the stove top, trying to make sure my camera was all charged up for pictures of the dedication, answering the RINGING phone, washing & drying my hair etc. I do not know what happened, but I looked at the clock and......oh no!!!!! I rushed out the door and took off like a streak of lightning. Uh oh...did I remember to put on every article of clothing that I was supposed to haha. I was cutting through on the back roads and the speed limit was 25 miles an hour. Now, that was just WAY to slow for someone that was in a big hurry like I was. I was pulling up to a three way stop and all of a sudden I heard a VERY loud siren. I looked in my mirror and right on my rear with the blue lights flashing was a cop. The way he had that siren going, you would have thought that he was after an escaped convict. My heart rate shot up to rapid speed and all of the blood rushed to my head. All I could think about was YaYa!!!! She flies around like the Flying Nun and never gets stopped. Here I am ....I try to always go the speed limit( well, most of the time) and I am getting stopped by the law. I pulled over, reached for my DL and waited to get scolded for speeding. The officer walks up to me and says" Good morning mam" to which I reply " I know that I was speeding. I am trying to get to my grand-daughters dedication. I can not say anything because I know that I am guilty". This is his reply " I am sorry. You was doing 40 in a 25 mile an hour speed zone. I want you to make it there, so slow down. You never know when someone might pull out in front of you on these back roads. Slow down and have a good day". Do you believe that? Have you ever heard of an officer apologizing to someone for pulling them over? My hubby said that he could not beleive that he let me go without a ticket. He has never heard of these city cops letting anyone off. As he walked back to his car and I proceeded to my destination, I gave God thanks for causing me to have favor with the officer. After all of that.....I had looked at the clock wrong and I was not late. I was early enough to get in most of our Sunday School lesson. What an eventful Sunday I have had.

9 comments:

Amrita said...

Wow that was great Judy, what a goo d soul. Something like that has happened to my BIL

Beth in NC said...

LOL ... that must have been the favor of the Lord!

SmilingSally said...

I have met a forgiving police officer under much the same circumstances and he let me off too.

Angela said...

HA,I thought the mom-jean post was hilarious. Check back for her next experiment for moms in their 50s. I think as long as you aren't doing the grandma jean, you are ok, although it's always nice to look thinner if you can do it without dieting!

Donna Bragg said...

I love your blog! Come and receive your Friends Award at...

http://mychristiandiary.blogspot.com

Your sister in CHRIST,
Donna

rick said...

You are in big trouble. Because of that blame bug crawling around on my screen, I busted my screen trying to kill it. I will send u a bill to replace my computer. By the way, that bug looks like the same bugs I see at ur house every time I come over. Tell fred to take a bath more often.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

God was certainly with you I would say!! Good for you that he let you go so easily! I have received 2 speeding tickets in all the years that I have driven and never once did I get by with it..Smile.

Rhonda said...

Pictures are great!Amazing how far a little truth will get you!

Omah's Helping Hands said...

I've heard of this very thing happening to others as well. God and his wonderful ways of making sure we get the message. ;)