Saturday, March 7, 2009

Update On The Book

It is 2:30a.m. and I can not sleep. I went to bed, but was not there very long. I could feel the tuggging of the Lord saying "Come spend time with me". I love it when I hear him call me like that. I am so hungry to know more about him and in a more intimate way than ever before. I know that he sent me this book A Heart Ablaze for a reason. I am only on chapter 4, but the Lord has already ministered to me in such a special way through reading this book. I do not feel released to share everything that he has said to me right now, but I will share more with you when I feel that I can. God knows just what we need and exactly when we need it.
When I first met my hubby, I did not know him. I knew who he was, but I did not know him. The more time that I spent with him, the more I wanted to know him. The more I knew about him, the more I wanted to know. Spending more time getting to know him caused me to love him more and to desire to have an intimate relationship with him.
When I was younger, I went to church and heard sermons about Jesus, so I knew who he was but I did not know him. After I got saved, then I knew him in a different way. I can remember hearing my grandmother sing a song called More About Jesus. That is how I feel. I want to know him more intimately. I feel him calling "Come Closer" and I am looking forward to spending time with him and finishing this book. It is hard to put what I am feeling into words, so I hope this makes sense. More later.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Wanted to drop by and say hello.Hope all is well.Have a good day and may God Bless.

Beth in NC said...

I understand. That is the cry of my heart -- to KNOW HIM MORE. I want to go deeper, higher, and closer.