Saturday, April 4, 2009

ON PURPOSE

This Saturday is going to my "On Purpose" Saturday. I woke up with these two little words on my mind yesterday and can't quit thinking about them. I have heard this all of my life. Your parents say to you "Did you do that on purpose", or you say to someone "I did that on purpose or I meant to do that". We plan what we will do each day; what we will wear, what we will eat, where we will go, etc. all "On purpose". Do we serve the Lord the same way? Do we make time to read his word, pray, minister to someone that is hurting, or share the plan of salvation to someone "On Purpose"? Today I will do what I do "On Purpose". "On Purpose" I plan to give my attention to the Lord today. He deserves my attention, time, love , my best and my all.

9 comments:

LisaShaw said...

AMEN!

Enjoy your on purpose day dear sisster. I'm praying for you.

Lovingly in Christ,
Lisa

Rhonda said...

The Lord impressed me the same way last year. Led to a whole bible study on people who intentionally did things (Rahab, David, Joshua, the sinful woman). And you are right- we need to start doing stuff for Christ on purpose. You words are almost exactly like my intro to the study. Coincidence - I doubt it. Thanks for the reminder:)

Beth in NC said...

Great reminder! Yes, we purposefully serve our precious Lord and spend time with Him.

Bless you today!
Beth

SmilingSally said...

Good point.

YaYa's Funhouse said...

Dear Sister, I love you, on purpose today.

Chris said...

Great idea!

Unknown said...

I enjoyed your post deare friend. I hope your day is richly Blessed.
Hugs. Lisa

Omah's Helping Hands said...

What an awesome post! I love it. Thank you for your wonderful inspiring words. Blessings to you

Sherry said...

Doing something "On Purpose" demonstrates that we have put our hearts into it -- some thought has been given to our actions.

I'm with you; I want to give God my time, love and attention -- on purpose -- to really put my heart into what I say and what I do for Him.


Thanks for this inspiring post!