Saturday, April 11, 2009

What A Beautiful Day The Lord Has Made

It is 72 degrees here today. I thought that I would sleep in this morning, but the phone kept ringing so I got up, got dressed, and off I went to take care of a few errands. I HAD to go to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. Signs of the holiday were everywhere. The Easter Bunny was there for the kids to have their pictures made. The grocery isle was full of women picking up last minute items. The ladies apparel was full of shoppers looking for something to wear for tomorrow. Needless to say, I got in and out as quick as I could. I could not wait to go to the walking trail. I love the walking trail in our little town. It has been a while since I had gone because of the cold weather. It was so nice today. Just me and the Lord. I walked 2 miles. I chose not to power walk because this was my time to spend with the Lord and enjoy his creations. We have some of the best fellowship time when I am out there. No phones or interruptions, just me and Jesus. He can have my undivided attention. I took my camera with me because I knew that it would be a nice day and I wanted to share some pictures with you . the way that they have it set up is really nice. The restrooms are not too bad if you need to visit them and get a drink from the water fountain. They have a tennis court, playground, and a basketball court for the kids to play on while the moms and dads walk. The trail winds around pine trees that give you just enough shade. I had a cool breeze to keep me from getting to hot. They have concrete pads all along the trail with exercise equipment for you to use if you so desire.
They have markers for you so that you can keep up with how far you have walked.
If you need to stop and rest , you can do so under covered tables. I was enjoying myself so much that I dreaded going home.
Once I got to my house and looked at how nice my husband had our yard and flowerbeds looking, I was glad to get home. It has been a good day and I have really enjoyed being out to enjoy the beauty of God's creation.

6 comments:

YaYa's Funhouse said...

Ahhh!! How pretty...tell hubby he did a great job!! I am glad you enjoyed your walk. Hope you and family have a great day tomorrow...Happy Easter

Unknown said...

Your home looks lovely. I have missed you. Happy Easter tp you and your family.
Love ya. Lisa

Anonymous said...

You house & yard are gorgeous! And it was a good day for a walk! Thanks so much for the pictures:) rhonda

SmilingSally said...

You have a beautiful home. I wish you a Blessed Easter as you celebrate our risen Lord.

LisaShaw said...

Beautiful photos!

Came on over to wish you and your family and those precious little boys Luke and Prentiss (their first EASTER) a blessed Resurrection Sunday!

Love ya.

Omah's Helping Hands said...

How lovely. I wish I could get back into walking again. Your area looks so nice. HOpe you get many more days to get your walks in like this one. :)