Saturday, June 20, 2009

We Come A Long Way Baby

Getting old certainly has it's ups and downs. My husband and I have been married for 35 years and things sure have changed since our earlier years. He was at work today and I decided to cut the grass. He does not like me to do it. He thinks that that is his job. Well.......I got waaaay to hot and thought that I was going to stroke out!!!! I came inside to cool off or die one! I checked my heart rate....160! My head felt like it was going to explode. I laid in the floor thinking....if I die I will die smelling like a pole cat and you know what Mom's tell you...always wear clean underwear!! haha When hubby got home he was having an allergic reaction to some PCN that the dentist had prescribed for a bad tooth. He was scratching like a MAD MAN! He had a rash all over and could not be still. While trying not to pass out from a major headache, I tried to see about him. After the benadryl had time to kick in and he drifted off to sleep, I sat and watched him breath and thought about how far (many many years) we had come in our life. I could not help but giggle a little. We were really a funny looking couple today! Hopefully they make walkers built for two to replace the bicycles built for two. Growing old together is going to be interesting and fun.

A Senior Moment May 1st, 2001 — Growing Older This morning the toilet stopped up, I hurriedly plunged out the clogs. My wife called out from the kitchen, “It’s going to rain cats and dogs!” So I got out my umbrella, Put the plunger under the sink. I had no time for my breakfast And I didn’t take time to think. While waiting down at the bus stop, Like they said, it started to rain. I stood there holding my plunger, People thought that I was insane.

3 comments:

YaYa's Funhouse said...

Sorry, but I have been on the floor laughing....now I can't get up!!! HA!!!!!! Love you guys!!!

Omah's Helping Hands said...

What a wonderful way to look at growing older together. Boy do things ever change as we get older. But there will be some great times; as we learn to appreciate one another as time goes on. Loved the cartoons!

Nishant said...

You are so right about our Heavenly Father. Beautiful post. God Bless you.

Work from home India