One of my coworkers just had her yearly evaluation this week. She has been upset for the last few days because she got a low rating for her evaluation. She was determined not to accept the results. She kept on and on and on about it until I think that they just got tired of hearing her and agreed to do it over. She was determined and very persistent!!!! The results does not effect her salary or help her to get promoted. It really does not mean anything. It is just something that the company has to do. That was her exact words to me. What did she get from her persistence? Nothing that benefited her .
I was very tired today after work but I just felt like I needed to go to prayer meeting. Service started and guess what he spoke on.....Persistence, determination, do not give up, building your faith!!!! Whoa!!!! Okay God, I get it. What am I being persistent about? What is it doing to benefit me spiritually. Is my persistence helping others? Am I persistent in my prayers for others needs? The dog was not gaining anything from his persistence. My coworker did not gain anything from her persistence but a number. If I will be just as persistent in my prayer life as they were, I will gain a lot, help others and be a useful vessel in the potters hand.
6 comments:
Glad you are back. Good food for thought! Here lately I have been persisting with proving I was right - not the way to go. Thanks for the reminder:o)
So glad you are back. This is a awesome post today. You are such a blessing to so many people. I am very grateful God placed you in my life.
ugh, oh....the bug is back!!
What a great post! Sounds like my son. He wears me down with his persistence some days! I never thought of it the way you did here. Next time I'm praying I'm going to think of this post and my son and hope my Lord sees my persistence!!! Enjoy your day!
Hi Juliem you dispensed the truth here about persistese in pur spiritual life. The rewards may not be earthly, but we have our Father 's assurance that He recompense according to His grace and love.
Sorry about your friend. I am sure her employers will one day acknowledge her labour.
I know dogs are crazy. I had a dog who chased only moto cycles, one disliked men in shorts, another did not approve of girls drerssed in Indian punjabi suits.
I read somewhere that dogs chase cars and moving objects because they think they are fleeeing from them...even flapping things.
You are such a blessing to so many people. I am very grateful God placed you in my life.
Work from home India
Post a Comment