Saturday, December 13, 2008

I have a friend that was dealing with some difficulties in her life and questioned why God would allow so many things to take place in her life. While praying for her I had a dream that I thought I would share with you. In the dream, I saw her standing in a field and it was beginning to rain. She looked up toward the sky with discouragement and disbelief and said "Great, this is just what I need. I am out here away from any shelter, no umbrella, cold, and no one in sight to offer a helping hand. I am all alone in this world and no one can help me. What else is going to happen to me'!! She was feeling abandoned. As I looked behind her I saw this huge wall of fire coming up behind her and it is making it's way toward her. She was not even aware of the danger that she was in. All that she could see was the rain coming down on her. She was not aware that the rain was going to put out the fire that was endangering her very life. I shared this dream with her and told her what I thought the Lord was telling her. Yes, things looked bad and you feel like God is no where around. You wonder what else could possibly go wrong. We must not ever forget that God will never leave or forsake us. We can not see what he is doing behind the scenes. No hand of man can touch us without our Fathers permission. If we have lost our job, been diagnosed with cancer, spouse has left us, lost everything we had and in a financial bind, etc......GOD IS AWARE OF EVERYTHING!!!! The word says "I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their seed begging for bread". It also tells us " In ALL things, give him praise". So if it is raining in your life, give him praise for the rain. Rain is necessary for growth. We might not know what is going on behind the scenes, but God does. Trust him. He can provide us with an open door that no man can shut. Be encouraged my blogger friends, God really does love his children.

3 comments:

Heidi Zawisza said...

YOu are so darn sweet, and though I don't have the time right this sec to catch up on your blog....Yours is the first one that I will be visisting tonight when I get home!!!! Thank you for all of your sweet notes!!!! I just had to tell you that before i left for the day!!

Sharon said...

What a blessed comfort to understand this lesson. What may appear to us to be unbearable,is in our life for a positive purpose. God's word tells us that all things work together for good for those who love the Lord. And, in all things to give thanks. We just have to learn to trust Him.

Grace said...

It is a snowy stormy day here. How are you doing today? :)