Saturday, January 24, 2009

Fun Friends

I am sitting here at my computer with a smile on my face as I am thinking about the fun times I have had with my sister-n-law. For those of you that do not know this, Becky from YaYas Funhouse is my sister-n-law. The secret is out. That is why she uses Lucy and Ethel to describe us!!! We have gotten in some of the same scrapes that they did and all we can do is just laugh. It first started at her wedding. Oh my goodness......I still have nightmares about that day. I do not know what kept my Floppy hat (that she chose for the bridesmaids to wear) from going up in a blaze of glory from the candelabra I was standing too close to. It has been one funny story after another for the last 30 something years.
I could not help but think about her yesterday while I was at work. My coworker and I are both trying to diet. For breakfast we had a boiled egg, dry toast, and half a banana ( this is from a 3 day diet found on the computer). Yesterday was the 3rd day. As she was peeling off the peel from her 1/2 of a banana, she dropped hers and it hit her desk and bounced onto her lap. Let me just tell you that she was desperately trying to catch her run away fruit before it hit the floor. I got so tickled. She said " As hungry as I am, I was going to eat that banana even if it fell on the floor'! For lunch we had a slice of cheddar cheese, 5 saltine crackers, and a small apple. After consuming this scrumptious lunch we decided to go for a walk. We left our boss answering the phone with orders that if we was not back in 20 minutes to come look for us. He replied "We will send a forklift to pick ya'll up. HaHa. By the time we walked about a mile ( mostly up hill) and nearly blown off the road from the passing 18 wheelers, we both had or tongues hanging out. You really needed more energy than what we had gotten from that wonderful meal we had just consumed. Needless to say, I am glad that those 3 days are over. I enjoyed my fiber filled, fruit, and nut, bowl of cereal this morning. Anyway, I know that if Becky would have been there with us yesterday, I would not have been able to walk. I would have been rolling on the road laughing. I miss her and will be glad when things settle down for her and she is back to her old wacky self.
Oh yes. I have to add this one thing. I managed to lose about 3-4 pounds this past 3 days. My hubby has lost 14 pounds and did not suffer like we did. I am happy for him but.....I really wanted to just punch him!!!! Men can lose it so much faster. I guess that I could do better if Lucy lived closer by.

5 comments:

YaYa's Funhouse said...

yes, I was just thinking I wished we lived closer together...or maybe not...we probably wouldn't get too much done...but we would sure laugh alot. Love to ya!!!

p.s. the word verification is hoback....how funny is that!!! stanky

SmilingSally said...

Yikes, that's a lot to lose in just 3 days. Keep healthy! Thanks for sharing a laugh.

Sharon said...

Oh my, I can really appreciate what you are saying about your friendship with YaYa. My friend Judy and I were just like that. We had so much fun together and could just about read each other's mind. Such a blessing from the Lord to have a friend like that. And I know what you mean about men losing weight so much faster than women. Isn't it just disgusting! Good for you to keep it up, though, even when he seems to be having much less trouble getting the weight off. BTW, I had already figured out that you were Ethel and YaYa is Lucy and that you were sisters-in-law but I didn't know you lived far apart. Thought you were closer together. When Judy and I were in graduate school at UAB some of the teachers called us Laurel and Hardy, and I don't think they meant it as a compliment. Judy was 6 feet tall and I'm only 5'2" so we were funny just to look at. Sorry for the long comment but I love your blog and this one I really related to. Have a blessed rest of the weekend. Sharon

LisaShaw said...

What a blessing that you both have that type of fun relationship. As you know it's too be treasured.

Please be careful in your weight loss. 2 to 3 pounds per week is considered a healthy steady weight loss. I'm on the journey with you.

God bless you.

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Awww, I wish I had a Lucy here! It's wonderful how the two of you get along so well. I gave up on diets a long time ago. Now I just try to control my appetite and eat sensibly (whatever that is) hee hee.
I did have to giggle when reading about your walk. My sister and I had done the same thing. Can only imagine what people thought.

And why is it that men can lose the weight so much faster than women, AND...keep it off easier. hmph. No fair! (crossed arms right now) ;) Have a great week!
Love ya,
Tammy