I got this MONSTER from my sister-n-law....Thanks a lot!!!*giggle*
This is a little stair stepper thingamajig that we use at work. It is right at my desk. So, as you can see....I have no excuses .
This has been a pretty interesting Saturday for me. It has rained pretty much all day. I needed to go to Walmart and visit the photo center. I went out in the rain, over to the photo center, only to realize that I did not have what I needed to print the picture that I wanted...ugh! Back home I went only to get a phone call with some disturbing news from a family member. I read a few blogs and got another call with some more (not good) news. All that I could say was "Trust God". He created this body and he certainly can heal it. He is still in control and has never taken his eyes off of us. As I was allowing encouraging, uplifting, faith filled words to flow from my lips, I listened to the words that I was saying. Sometimes when God is speaking through us to someone else, he is also speaking to us. There is POWER in the WORD of God. We have to be careful what we say at all times.
Everyone knows that I have made it a top priority in 2009 to get fit. That involves changes. Changes physically as well as spiritually. It has taken a while for my body to get so out of shape. Bad eating habits and lack of exercise has caused to me to be physically unfit. As I was thinking about this today, it made me think about my spiritual condition as well. It takes a lack of prayer and reading God's word to get to a place of being spiritually unfit. We have to be careful what we put in our bodies if we want to stay healthy. Likewise, we have to watch what we allow to go into our hearts and minds to stay spiritually fit.
As you can see from the pictures, I have everything that I need to get back in shape, but if I just let it sit there and collect dust...well you know what will happen. The same goes for my bible and my prayer life.
I spent a long time today reading all of the blogs that I find uplifting and encouraging. Praise God for bloggers that allow God to use them in their posts.
4 comments:
Amen gurlfriend!!
God bless your determination to become physically fit, my friend. That is part of my new year's self-motivation, too, because I realized, here in US, I get bigger than I was in the Philippines.
Have a blessed Sunday, my friend. :)
I continue to pray for you dear sister in Christ. Each day is a new opportunity. Live it and live it fully and fit in Jesus Name. Bless you.
Oh wow! What an awesome post!!! You are so right, not only do we need to worry about our physical well being, but our spiritual should be top priority. You are so right about not staying with it. Absolutely love this post. Thank you, and God Bless!
Post a Comment