If someone offered to give to ten dollars today or one hundred dollars next week, which would you choose? If you chose to take the ten dollars today, then that is all that you would get. If you chose to be patient and wait, then you would get more. This is an illustration that our Pastor used in his sermon this morning. If we try to figure out things on our own or try to work out our problems by ourselves, then we cheat ourselves out of all of the blessings that he has for us. God will supply all of our needs if we will just trust him and be patient. He desires to give good gifts to his children. He tells us in his word that "Our Father owns cattle on a thousand hills". He is not poor nor broke. We get impatient, scared, anxious, and get ahead of God. He is a faithful God that loves and cares for us. To Him be all glory. Lord help us to have faith to trust you more.
5 comments:
Well said! To Him be all the glory indeed!
Ooo, you must have a good pastor!
Amazing - that all across the world today pastors addressed their congregations - thousands of them and God gave each a special message for their special congreagation. Our God is so BIG - what a comfort.
Nice post, Judy. Honestly, while I was reading, my choice was the $10 dollar today, because I thought if I wait for a week later, I might not need it anymore, or may I say, it may be too late then. But after reading your post, I understood then. :)
Amen Judy! What a beautiful post. So full of truth. That's all it takes, but being of the flesh, it is sometimes easy to forget and not wait. Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment