Hebrew 13:2 (NIV) Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so some people have entertained angels without knowing it.
Have you ever experienced this. I have. It was very humbling. I was working at a hospital and a local pastor brought in a gentlemen that he found laying on the church doorsteps. He told the pastor that he had been riding the rails and had not eaten for several days. He was wearing ratty looking clothes and looked very unkept. He had not shaved, combed his hair, or bathe in a while. He was so weak that the pastor brought him to our ER to be checked out by the physician. As soon as the word spread about this man, we all began to work on getting him something to eat. We called the kitchen and had them bring him a tray. One of the charge nurses got very upset and went into the kitchen and jumped on the staff. She told them " This is not a soup kitchen and we are not a charity hospital". Due to the fact that the gentlemen had no money and no place to go , the ER doctor decided to put him in the hospital for 23 hour observation. At least he could get a bath, hot meal and a warm bed for the night. Of course the NURSE did not like it.
This man had such a sweet and gentle spirit. He was so appreciative of everything that we did. He always said "Thank You Mam and God bless you". It was just something special about him that you could not explain.
The next day when it was time for him to be discharged, with no where to go, some of us ladies dug into our purses and came up with enough money for him to get a bus ticket and something to eat. He said that he was going to some family that he had in another state and see if they would put him up until he got back on his feet.
We had a questionnaire that all of our patients filled out on discharge with questions regarding your care and service that you received. I will never forget what he wrote: I was treated like a "KING". We all just looked at each other and no one knew what to say for a while. We realized that he had been an angel sent our way. I was scared for the NURSE that had treated him so ugly. Remember what the word said? We never know when we might be entertaining an angel. Will we pass the test or will we turn him away? They might not look like we expect them to look . Just a thought for the day. Have you got a story that you can share about an angel visit. I would love to hear it.
10 comments:
That is a beautiful story! Thank God for the kindness of so many. I wonder what that angry nurse had been through to harden her heart so much.
You never know -- he may have been an angel indeed.
Bless you!
Beth
It never hurts to be kind.
Beautiful story, Judy, and very true, too. Every stranger sent to us is an opportunity to be minister to.
Enjoyed your post!
Great post!
Yes, my husband and I feel that we most likely tended to an angel several years ago. We fed him, put him in a motel, etc. There was something very special and usual about him. Other things transpired as well. We may never know this side of Heaven whether he was an angel or not, but it always pays to be kind.
Thanks for sharing your story.
Thank you for the beautiful story!
I am fine, everything is okay! If you go to my blog it wil explaind that I did not know that was there. You are so kind to pray for me. That is funny because my day went so well today, maybe it was because of your prayers.
Thank-you
Hi Deare Diary, saw you on my list and came by to visit. You have such a delightful blog...inspiring and uplifting.I 'll come by for sure.
What a lovely story. I always tell my girl's never judge a book by it's cover. God sends us angels that we are unaware of.I hope your having a great day. I posted a good ww recipe on my recipe blog you will love.Hugs to ya.
Lisa
There is no doubt the angels of the Lord were with me during my surgery. The doctors, nurses and therapist seem to be amazed how well i am doing in my recovery of having both knees done at the same time. Not that i take it lightly, but it is no surprise to me because of the way God has divinely intervened many times before in my life.
Post a Comment