Thursday, February 5, 2009

What Do You See

What do you see when you look at this picture? What does it make you think of? Maybe....You just do not fit in with the crowd
or maybe...satan rearing his ugly head
or....weed among the wheat (Matthew 13)
or...be aware of your surroundings? or... he is always near, look for him and you will find him?
After seeing this picture yesterday, I can not quit thinking about it. I thought about it in my sleep and woke up thinking about it this morning. This is what I see....We are the light of the world. We should not hide or be ashamed to let our light shine. When I am in a crowd or at work, do others see Jesus in me? Do I stand out or blend in with the crowd? Lord, help us to let our light shine to others and not be ashamed to be different. Amen

13 comments:

Beth in NC said...

That picture is too cute! I pray I stand out in a crowd, but I also pray that I would see the little fox that spoils the vine! :O)

Blessings!
Beth

LisaShaw said...

Great photo and your message is so true on all points!

Unknown said...

I loved this post. The photo was awesome as well. I strive to let people see Jesus in me. I hope your having a Blessed day.
Hugs, Lisa

YaYa's Funhouse said...

yes, I see that fox!!

I'm stilling waiting for that funny story.

Deare Diary said...

YaYa,
We are over due, huh? Keep watching cause you never know when it will appear on my blog!

SmilingSally said...

I've seen this picture before, and I always think that it is fixed. You made a good analogy.

Pat said...

Great post! It's my prayer too that my light would shine, not so bright that it would blind, but that instead it would light the way to Jesus.
Thanks for stopping by today...you're always welcome!
Blessings on your day!

Sharon said...

Hi, Deare! Thanks for stopping by to see where I have been; it's nice to be missed. I just absolutely have NOTHING to blog about. I'm really pretty boring lately. Work, home, get ready to go back, and repeat. Soon, surely something will strick me to write about. Don't give up on me. I'm still checking in on you, too. Till next time - Sharon

Amrita said...

Hi Judy will try your cornbread recipe.

I like the way you write, not preachy or pedentic, they way i find good to read.

Thank you.

Chris said...

Amen!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing.

Rhonda said...

Thanks for stopping by. Great picture. Yes - Lord - please let Your light shine not only in me but through me!

Susan said...

thanks for writing.good to hear from you.my mom fell and broke her hip and was in the hospital for three weeks.she is now at home doing well.she is taking in home rehap and will see the doctor in two weeks.continue to keep her in your prayers.you have a great post.have a wonderful week and god bless.