Monday, March 2, 2009

Lord Help Me

I know that I need to lose some weight. That is not what I am going to blog about right now. I have heard a lot of people say that the way they lost their excess weight was by giving up their sodas. I talked to a lady at church yesterday that has lost a good bit of weight lately. She told me that she is not eating as much (portion control) and quit drinking sodas and the weight is just falling off. I have been drinking Dr. Pepper since I was a teenager. I have tried other brands but always go back to Dr. Pepper because it is my favorite. I have heard so many people talk about the difference it has made in their weight after quitting drinking sodas and I think...how do they just quit drinking sodas!!! I know that they are just empty calories and have no nutritional value. When I think about trying to give them up, I wonder if I could do it. On the way home from work ,I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a couple of things, one of which was DR. PEPPER!!!! When I saw how much the price of a 2 liter drink had gotten to, I did not buy one. $1.77 for a 2 liter!!!! I decided right then that now was the time for me to do my very best to quit drinking Dr. Pepper. After all, I am supposed to be a good steward of what God has given me. I could lose weight, save money, and be healthier, so what did I have to lose...oh yeah, WEIGHT!!!!! I definitely can not do it on my own. I got in my car and began to pray for the strength and help to quit drinking sodas. I know that I can do it, I know that I can do it, I know that I can do it. I am not even going to try the diet ones. Cold turkey!!!!!! Pray for me.

7 comments:

Rhonda said...

I gave up real Dr. Peppers about 3 years ago - blood pressure. Weight will drop. With God's help I quit cold turkey. I will be praying for you!

Beth in NC said...

I used to be the same way with Coca Cola! I LOVED that sweet treat! Now, it would taste like motor oil to me -- like syrup. Yuck. You can do this! I know you can.

Keep us posted!
Beth

SmilingSally said...

You are wise to ask God for help.

I love the cartoons.

LisaShaw said...

You can do it definetly with the motivation to care for your body which God has not only given to you but He indwells. I was ADDICTED to soda drinking a 3 LITER in two days!!! Grape, pineapple, and coke for YEARS. When I quit late 2006 I never looked back and I did NOT have the withdrawals that some speak of. I really believe that when I asked GOD to help me and I surrendered to His help, He stepped in and removed the desire from me completely. I have NOT HAD EVEN ONE soda since OR Ice cream and if you knew me you'd know that I was also addicted to ice cream until that day of deliverance. I don't miss either one.

Whatever it is that one wants to be free of we can be with God's help and our surrender to His help.

Bless you my sister and I will pray for you. By the way in about two months from letting go of ice cream, soda and white sugar late 2006 I lost 10 lbs without doing anything else.

My prayers are with you Sis.

Deare Diary said...

Thanks for all of your encouraging comments. It helps to have friends supporting you. I love you all.
Judy

Chris said...

Keep praying! Keep relying on God and it will happen.

Omah's Helping Hands said...

You can do it Judy! I know people that have done this as well. It is amazing how the weight just seems to melt away. Besides, dark sodas can cause all kinds of kidney problems. I too love Dr. Pepper and learned to from my childhood days. I loved it when it was in the glass bottles. For some reason it just seemed to taste better. ;)
By the way, got a kick out of the truck pic.
Love ya