Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Facebook

I think that I am a pretty COOL GRANNY but........
I just want to say that I do not like Facebook and do not know what everyone thinks is so great. This is just my opinion and I realize that a lot of people love it. My daughter-n-law is the reason that I signed up for Facebook. I wanted to be able to see the grands pictures. On Facebook they have a tab "POKE". Now, I just am not sure that I want to POKE anyone or have them POKE me. They also have a tab "Wall" and you are supposed to write on their wall and vice versa. We used to get in trouble for writing on walls. They have tabs for photos, messages, comments, and friends. I can do all of that on my blog (except poke and write on walls) and much more. I like reading all of the interesting things that I can see and read on my Friends/Followers blogs. If I want to talk to my friends I can either call them, email, or even do the old fashion "Write Them A Letter"!!! We have gone from the Pony Express to Text Messages. To each his own but I will take Blogging over Facebook any day!
PONY EXPRESS
STAGE COACHES
SMOKE SIGNALS
E-MAIL
TEXT MESSAGES
Who knows what we will have in a few more years. I am just saying!!!!

5 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

You know to "each his own" that old expression still works in this new technology that we live in!! I like face book..don't by any chance LOVE it!! I just like seeing what others are doing..also the one thing i think that i like best is the chance to find old friends from some 20 years ago..that has been fun for me.
Thanks for stopping by today..i just love flowers. God is such a great magician!! Sandy

Beth in NC said...

LOL ... too funny. Well, I like facebook fine, though I LOVE my blog and blogging friends!

I have to say I HAVE NO DESIRE TO TRY TWITTER! Why am I so important that someone needs to know my status every few minutes. It is crazzzzyyyy.

Mami said...

I love your blog, I just came across it and now I am hook.
I know what you mean although I do facebook I just hate when people want to keep you updated as to where they are or what they are doing...is plain ridiculous.
I love to keep up my blog mainly for my girls take a peek.
Not as funny as yours....
http://elashrycasa.blogspot.com/

Rhonda said...

You & me both. I can see how people lose hours of time reading everyone else's business. Yes, a hand written letter is priceless.I am on Facebook at the urging of my sis-in-law. Not always a good thing.
Have a great week!

Grace said...

I don't have facebook, too, though all of my friends have facebook. I don't have extra time to spend with facebook, blogging enough is sometimes hard for me to cope up. :)