Thursday, May 7, 2009

Random Thoughts On Thursday

Since everyone is talking about pigs lately.....did you know that pigs could swim? I did not know that. Matthew 8:30 Some distance from them a large herd of pigs was feeding. 31 The demons begged Jesus, "If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs." 32 He said to them, "Go!" So they came out and went into the pigs, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water. Isn't that interesting? Evidently those pigs could not swim, huh? Pigs are also considered one of the smartest animals and they do not sweat, so they roll around in mud to cool off. I have always heard and said the saying "I am sweating like a pig". Pigs have excellent vision and can be trained faster than a dog. hahahaha...now you know more about pigs besides "Swine Flu"!!! Like the title of this post says: Random Thoughts!!!!
Next random thought:
My oldest granddaughter wrote a poem for a contest at school. She won on each level and went on to win the state competition and was given a trophy. I have some of the smartest grandchildren(even if I do have to say so myself). We are proud of you Madison. Maybe I can post her poem for you to read later. Next random thought: This has been a crazy week at work. Due to bad weather, our phones were out, as well as our computers. The first of each month is busy for me entering data for monthly reports. Having said all of that....I was busy at my desk when someone came in to deliver some flowers. I said"Oh, someone is getting some pretty flowers". The delivery man replied " They are for Judy". I was so surprised. My sweet son, daughter-n-law, and grand-daughters sent them to me for Mother's Day. That was a special surprise on a not so good day.
This picture made me think of my son. He loves Barney and Superman. The best of both worlds!
Next random thought:
This is Baby Belle staying with her Paw Paw today. She is trying to learn to stand up on her own. She looks like she has gotten herself in a bind. She is a Tippie Toe baby and that makes it difficult to balance.
Our daughter had an appointment this morning so....it is Paw Paw and Belle. She always smiles at him. That is her favorite toy to play with at our house.
Next random thought:
This is my "OLDER" brother Ronnie. We made this picture at the funeral home recently when his father-n-law passed away. It is not the best picture, but I wanted him to be on my blog. It is hard to make a good picture inside with a flash when you wear glasses.

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Great pics. Madison is too cute:) Hope things are better at work today.

Lois Christensen said...

Okay, I did not know pigs could swim but I did know that they roll around in the mud to keep cool. I wonder we humans don't think of that?? CRAZY! Anyway, as a child that Bible story always fascinated me! Enjoy your day!

Amrita said...

Lovely thoughts and pics.

Happy Mother 's Day DD

Anonymous said...

AWW!! I saw those cute little piggies and just HAD to come over and see what you were posting on your blog. :) Glad I did. You always give me a laugh and I just love your blog. By the way that is a good pic and I like it!! have a blessed weekend!!

LisaShaw said...

I enjoyed your photos. Happy other's Day sweet one.

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Judy, so glad to meet you. Lorraine is such a sweetie. You should check out my post about her Mom, it is a few post down from this one.
I enjoyed reading your Random Thoughts.
I like Barnie too, lol..he's so crazy and these are the prettiest flowers and the little one is just adorable.
Molly