Monday, June 22, 2009

Gut Feeling

Today's thought: Do you go by your gut feeling ? I woke up this morning and turned on the tv. On the news they were talking about making decisions based on "your gut feeling". I turned to Joyce Meyer and she was talking about the same thing. Okay Lord, I am listening! I have always heard theses sayings: Something told me not to do that. or: I had a feeling that I should not do that. I make decisions everyday. Some good and so not so good. If I will listen, the Holy Spirit will direct me in making the right decisions. It is not a gut feeling or something telling me, but HIM. If I will listen to HIM, then I would not have to say 'If I had it to do over". Lord, Help me to hear your voice today. If this man would have prayed more about his decisions then he might not be having "that gut feeling"!!!! haha Just a thought.

18 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Great reminder to listen to the Holy Spirit. So many times I don't realize I'm hearing from Him until after that fact! Am I alone in this? :o)

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I love this picture..Reminds me of my hubby..Smile..
sandy

Rhonda said...

My gut is 100% flesh 99% of the time! Sometimes it is right - all the time it needs to be double checked against the Word of God!

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Love the cartoon. Sadly though, when we don't listen as we should, these things happen. Great post and reminder. Father, help us all to listen to You only!
Have a beautifully blessed week!

Pat said...

Great post. Listening to the Holy Spirit instead of being hasty in decisions sure would save a lot of heartache! Sometimes He has to yell REALLY LOUD for me to hear...I need to listen more closely!
Loved the cartoon!

Anonymous said...

Amen!!! I really needed to be reminded of this so I thank you very much! have a blessed week sista!!!

Grace said...

This "gut feeling" illustration of man's behavior is funny, yet very true to some. :)

Lois Christensen said...

Yes, I tend to let my spirit guide me and have learned over the years if I feel uncomfortable about something it's usually something to listen to! Love the cartoon!

YaYa's Funhouse said...

oh my goodness! That pictures just cracks me up!!!

Charlotte said...

I agree with this. Your gut can lie to you, be wrong, or just be confused, but God and the Holy Spirit are never wrong.
Your little ant is cute. At least it is a virtual ant, not a real one. lol
I'm glad you found my blog. I've enjoyed visiting yours.
Charlotte

SmilingSally said...

That still silent voice needs to have a focused ear.

Now, about your illustration ... oh my .... well, at least the poor fellow can still walk!

Amrita said...

I do go by my gut feeling and many times it comes true, like God prompting me about something.

I like Joyce Meyers.

The tribute to your Dad is great.

Chris said...

Great picture! Hope all is well!

LisaShaw said...

Awesome message of encouragement and reminder. Blessings dear one.

Unknown said...

Love this picture :) hope you having a great summer.
Hugs. Lisa

rick said...

Looks like a device me and Fred could use

Anonymous said...

such a funny photo, hilarious~

Nishant said...

all the time it needs to be double checked against the Word of God!

Work from home India