Thursday, June 4, 2009

Easy and tasty recipe

I am always looking for good receipes that are quick and easy to fix. When I get home from work, I do not feel like getting in the kitchen and cooking anything that takes a lot of effort and time. I found this recipe and tried it tonight. It was pretty good. Of course I made a few changes to it.
ITALIAN CHICKEN ROLL-UPS
8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
8 thin slices ( 4 ounces) deli ham
2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
1/2 cup milk
cooking spray
Directions
Flatten chicken to 1/4 in. thickness. Place a slice of ham and half slice of provolone cheese on each piece of chicken. Roll up from a short side and tuck in ends; secure with a toothpick.
In a shallow bowl, combine the crumbs, Romano cheese and parsley. Pour milk into another bowl. Dip chicken rolls in crumb mixture.
Wrap each of four chicken roll ups in plastic wrap; place in a large freezer bag. Seal and freeze for up to 2 months. Place the remaining roll ups, seam side down, on a greased baking sheet. Spritz chicken with cooking spray. Bake uncovered at 425 degrees for 25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Remove toothpicks.
I like the idea of making some ahead of time and putting them in the freezer. I can take a couple out of the freezer and let them thaw in the refrigerator while I am at work. When I get home , I can take them out, put in oven and have some ready in a short while. The only changes that I made was: I used Swiss cheese instead of provolone and I spreaded a small amount of mustard on them before rolling them up. Also it does not call for you to season the chicken but I would. It gives it a little more flavor. I covered my baking sheet with aluminum foil for easier clean up. The cheese can melt and ooze out on your baking sheet.

3 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

OH my that sounds delicious. I must try this recipe. I think my kids would eat it!! I know hubby and I would love it!! Great idea about freezing them also!!!

SmilingSally said...

Sound delish!

Amrita said...

hmmmm delicious