Posted: Friday, June 05, 2009
National Donut Day 2009
Or is it National Doughnut Day? Honestly, I don't know which is preferred. Doughnut or donut? Either way you spell it, they are still yummy. Happy National Donut Day! It's a long-standing tradition, apparently starting way back in 1938, as a fundraiser for the Chicago Salvation Army. National Donut Day is the first Friday in June (June 5, 2009) and I understand some national chains (like Krispy Kreme doughnuts and Dunkin' Donuts) are giving away goods (or offering specials) today. Buy some coffee and you may be able to get free donuts from the doughnut chains, or maybe somebody will buy you one, because you're such a nice and deserving person.
This is called justification. I can justify eating a yummy today be cause it is "NATIONAL DONUT DAY". I would not want to be un-american you know! haha We have donuts at the office this morning and of course.......I had to eat one today and exercise more tomorrow.
5 comments:
I was a good girl today too! I ate a doughnut!
I love these things so much that I allow myself only 1 or 2 a YEAR! No joke. I want to be able to fit through a door -- with ease! :)
I LOVE DONUTS...it's been a long time since I have had one. Did not know about National Doughnut Day....How 'bout let's make it a holiday...off work...yipee...then we could eat SEVERAL and then go EXERCISE!! HA!!!
I hope your doing great. Have a beautiful day.
Lisa
Happy National Dougnut Day. There is only one kind of dougnut that I can eat... it is chocolate dougnut. :)
How was your weekend, Judy?
Post a Comment