I want to share with you a dream that I had last night. I dreamed:
I was grieving over the loss of a very close loved one. The pain that I felt was more than I thought that I could bear. I felt such pain, loneliness and a very big void. I had cried so much that my chest was sore and it hurt to take a breath. I had cried all day and as the sun was going down, it was even harder. The silence of the night was deafening and almost unbearable. Sleep just would not come.
Finally, I laid down and cried myself to sleep. I woke up with the morning sun shining through the bedroom window.. I got up and made my way to the bathroom to wash my face. As I stood in front of the mirror looking at my swollen and red eyes, I heard the Lord speak to me. It was not an audible voice but I recognized HIS voice very clearly. He said "Judy, you were not alone last night as you slept. I was beside you all night, holding you in my arms as you slept and I am still here". I have always been here. I have every tear that you have shed. When you was born and took your first breath to let out a cry, I was there. When you suffered and cried from your first heartbreak, I have those tears. I could see his cupped hand before me and could vison him catching the tears as they fell from my face.
He said "You have not shed one tear that I do not know about".

I woke up this morning and could not wait to get in his presence and into his word. I knew that if this dream was from him and not just something that I dreamed, it could be backed up by his word. I was right. In Psalms 56:8 (NLT) You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book. What an awesome God we serve. He cares about his children so much and is aware of every tear that we shed. I am not sure why I had this dream but I do know that it was from God and I found comfort from it.
8 comments:
That was beautiful. After my father died last year I was tormented with nightmares of his fall, seeing at the bottom of the stairs, his death, etc. One night I had a dream where I saw my father alive, healthy and he hugged me. I know that dream was from the Lord because I haven't had one nightmare since.
Love that verse! Thank you for sharing it. The Lord does understand everything we go through.
He is always there! Amen. Have a good weekend!
He is always with us.
Glorious Julie, God speaks to us through dreams.
He speaks in whispers, and he speaks in songs...so many ways he talks to us. It's so important to be in His word and listening for His still small voice. I'm so glad you found comfort.
Wondering if you had any more insight about your dream. It was beautiful to read about and I am sure lovely to have the memory of. Those are the kind of dreams that change your life!
Rhonda,
I am not sure whay I had the dream or if I will ever know. I will say that my boss's wife had a loss of a very close loved one a few days after I had this dream. I sent her a card and shared the dream with her as a way to minister to her and hopefully help her to find comfort during a very tough time. If sharing this dream with ohters helps them and gives God glory then that very well could be why I had the dream.
Judy
He is always there! Amen. Have a good weekend!
Work from home India
Post a Comment