Saturday, March 27, 2010

Treasures

Well, here it is. All the treasures that I found today. I picked a place to go that is not far from my house. It is a walking track with a tennis court on one side and a playground/picnic area on the other side. When I arrived it was a lot of cars parked by the tennis court and a lot of people walking. I chose to park on the other side by the playground/picnic area. No one was on that side. I got all of my things together and off I go. I am trying to learn how to distinguish between the sounds that my detector makes when it is trash or treasures. When I dug up my first treasure find I was so excited, even though it was just a penny!
I learned several important things today.
1- Digging tools are important.
2- Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
3- MOST IMPORTANT! Listen to the Holy Spirit when HE talks to you.
I had been there for about an hour when I noticed a strong unusual smell. In case you do not know this, poisonous snakes put out a very distinctive odor when they are startled. It smelled sorta like that, except I felt a strong sense of danger. I thought to myself....Lord are you trying to tell me that I need to leave. I had gotten into that tunnel vision mode and was not even aware of it. Suddenly I was very aware of my surroundings. I was all alone. Everyone had left the walking track and tennis courts and I did not even realize it. As I looked over to my car, I saw a truck parked beside me with the motor running. Dark tinted windows and I could not tell who was in the vehicle. I just knew that I was being watched. I gathered my things and started making my way to my car and they drove off. I thank God for keeping me safe when I am not aware of my surroundings. I need to listen when the Holy Spirit is nudging me and trying to get my attention. Lesson learned: a woman does not need to go treasure hunting by herself because you will have tunnel vision. You get so into what you are looking at/for and you can be in danger and not know it.
I only found five pennies and a piece of cosmetic jewelry. My digging tolls are cheap and not suitable for digging in hard soil. I will need to purchase some more before I go again.

7 comments:

Rhonda said...

Praise God you are safe! Thanking Him for your protection.

Sharon said...

Glad you didn't have to learn that lesson the hard way! Treasure hunting can be such fun. Hope you have many wonderful finds.
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Well that sounds like fun!! Stay blessed!

Pat said...

I'm so thankful for the Holy Spirit, and that you listened to it's warning. Yes, tunnel vision is not always our friend! I think treasure hunting may be a two man venture!

YaYa's Funhouse said...

that looks like fun....you better be careful though....too many crazies out there.

Heidi Zawisza said...

Hey sweets! I've decided to start blogging again, and you were one of my faves, so I thought I's let ya know! Excited to get into it again:) Hope you are still good and FUNNY!!!! LOL!

.com domain said...

It sounds like so much fun! I always loved treasure hunts when I was a kid and now this is like a real life treasure hunt!