Today is the official first day of my "New Me" diet. I have already started exercising and eating different. As you can tell from my picture, I have already limbered up quite a bit! *giggle giggle* If I ever managed to get my leg up that high I would have to have a paramedic to help me get it down!!!!!!
I was reading on someones blog that if you were able to do a back bend when you were younger, that you could do one now because your muscles remember..... well, I tried it and guess what....I am 52, working on 53 and starting from the floor up, I can go half way!!!! If I am on my exercise ball I can do it. Hopefully before long I will be able to post a real picture of my doing a back bend!!
I am not attempting this diet on my own. I am depending on God to help me. His word tells me that I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. As I get stronger physically, I will also get stronger spiritually. My body is the temple of the Holy Ghost. This body belongs to him and has been put in my care. I have not done a very good job of taking care of it lately, but with his help that is going to change.
I really do covet your prayers because this is not an easy thing for me. I have always eaten anything that I wanted, when I wanted it. After my hysterectomy, things have changed drastically. I am looking forward to a "New Me"....physically and spiritually.
7 comments:
Dieting is hard work. It's good that you're relying on God to help.
My sister in Christ, if I can be of help please visit my fitness blog. I will certainly stand with you in prayer. I avoid the word "diet". Lifestyle changes is what it takes to be healthy and fit to fulfill God's purposes for our lives.
I'm excited for you and I pray the blessings of the Lord upon your life and the wisdom and determination to obey the LORD on your journey as I pray the same for all of us. Bless you.
Oh and I love that photo. I wouldn't dare attempt to get my leg up like that. I would get stuck and probably throw out my back (smile).
I always like visiting your blog.
The picture is so funny. It's always good to have a sense of humor. I had the same surgery and am facing the same battle with weight as you are. I have other struggles that slows down my metabolism but with God's help and friends prayers we will do it!
Hugs. Lisa
you know I have a picture of Kim doing that very same pose....no kidding!!! Except she was inside the house.
looks like a dog at a fire hydrant to me
I so needed this post today! What an inspiration. I'm right there with you. I too have been neglecting His temple and am trying hard to do better. Through Him we can do anything. Let's take a stand together that this is going to happen. You are in my prayers. God Bless You!
Post a Comment