It is too senstive to even take off my eye mascara.
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Liquid Nitrogen Cryosurgery
I have put off going to the doctor for too long. I have finally made appointments with all of my doctors. So far everything has been fine until today! I had an appointment with the skin doctor. I left work early to make a 3:15 appointment. My hubby road with me and am I ever glad. I am not extra sensitive to pain but.....do not ever let anyone tell you that it does not hurt to have something frozen!!!!! It is called Liquid Nitrogen Cryosurgery but it should be called COLD PAIN!!!!!!!! I had a couple of spots that I wanted him to check, you know, just to make sure that it was not skin cancer. I was one of those females that lived on the creek, by the pool, and in the tanning bed. I had one place above my left eye that looked like it needed to be checked. Well........oh my dear Lord in heaven!!!! He told me to relax and do not hold my breath. Let me just say....I held my breath, gritted my teeth and tried not to wet my pants!!!! It was only supposed to sting for 5-10 min. after the procedure. That was hours ago and it still hurts. They should be arrested for telling lies!!!! I look like I have been in a fight and I lost. Now, I try not to be so worried about the way I look, but I really do not want to go to work looking like this tomorrow. The swelling may last for several days. I am sure that if YaYa would have been with me that she would have been laughing. My husband tried to make me feel better by saying that he could not really tell that I was swollen...please!!!! Look at my pictures. I had three places frozen. One above my left eye, one below my right eye, and one on my left leg. The one on my leg is pretty painful.
I have not had a good week. Yesterday I got my finger with my scissors and probably could have used a stitch or two but, I just applied pressure until it stopped bleeding and applied a butterfly bandage. Whine, whine, whine!!!! On a good note, I think that all of boo boo's will heal up fine. Needless to say, I will not be going back to the skin doctor for a while. I will have to get up the courage to pay him for the PAIN!!!!
It is too senstive to even take off my eye mascara.
It is too senstive to even take off my eye mascara.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
I said a prayer for you dear sister. Love you.
you know you should have called me to go with you!!!! we would have laughed so hard you couldn't think about how it hurt!!!
Praying your pain goes away soon!
I had cryosurgery many, many years ago on my cervix and the GYN was so nice and told me what to expect and he was right. He said to let him know when I started to cramp bad and OH MY! I told him and he would stop for a minute until the pain subsided and then start again. It took a while, but he was so kind and patient. Glad I never had to have that done again and the cervix is gone! ;-)
Aw, I'm sorry. You do have pretty eyelashes, though.
Thanks Lisa, for your prayers.
Love ya,
Judy
YaYa,
I would not have found anything funny yesterday. You should have told me!!!!
Judy
Sharon,
I thought that my face and leg was bad, but I am glad it was not my cervix!
Judy
Smiling Sally,
Thanks for the compliment but my eyelashes looks like that because of mascara. haha
Judy
You really look like you're in pain!!! Hope you're feeling better! But thankfully you went and will know if everything is okay! Enjoy your weekend. I hope you're not "frozen" anymore!!
Hope you are feeling better:)
Well from one pain sufferer to another..good morning!! ha!! Yeap I know pain all too well and I do not like it at all...Really your face looks pretty good but i know that you see it as worse...At least it is over with...
thanks for stopping by my blog..Sandy
Better to catch it now. I've had this done 8 times to my face. It sucks, but skin cancer would be worse. I hope you feel better. Have a great week!
P.S. Keep going back, it is crucial to your skin health to get these spots taken care of early.
Post a Comment